Don’t design or redesign a website without taking this course! “Small Business Planning for Website Success” walks entrepreneurs, business owners, and start-ups through the research and planning steps to get the website they really need. Most businesses don’t design a website with a plan in mind. Even worse, is letting the design of your website up to a “web designer” who doesn’t even know your business.
In this course, you’ll be provided with a framework that walks you through a set series of steps to research your industry, your market, and your audience to find out what is needed. Then you’ll look into your own organization for what makes you different and gives you the edge. You’ll learn how to take all that information and develop a unique selling proposition that will give you the basis for content development, keyword research, an search engine optimization (SEO) plan, a sitemap for your web pages, and user paths through your new site. Everything is with the end in mind, converting your visitors to customers.
This course was designed with an online website as the goal, but the planning steps outlined here will help you offline as well.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- How to research your industry and competitors
- How to spy on your competitors to gain online data and information
- Learn what your customers really want
- Develop a Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
- Create a tagline for your business and website
- How to create user scenarios and customers paths through your website
- How to set goals and baselines to track your progress
- The basics of search engine optimization (SEO)
- On page SEO elements that can impact your search engine placement
- How to create a keyword seed list
- How to do keyword research
- How to do a content audit
- Create a content development plan
- Suggestions for how to write title tags and meta descriptions
Download the Small Business Planning for Website Success Workbook and use it throughout the course.