This master course offers a phased approach for business and nonprofit to create a website that will meet their customers’ needs and their organization’s goals. Step-by-step instructions lead novices through the entire process of designing or redesigning a website, from start to finish.
The instruction focuses on how to use WordPress, one of the best content management systems available, in which to build small to mid-sized business and nonprofit websites. It’s versatility and ease of use make it the perfect system for novices and do-it-yourself’ers.
One of the most popular WordPress themes available is the Enfold theme by Kriesi. With its Avia Layout builder, demo pages and customizable theme options, it makes creating a website as easy as point and click, while still producing a professional and modern look.
In this course, users will learn:
- Phase 1 – Research & Development: Learn how to research your market and industry, figure out what your customers really want, spy on your competitors, create a unique selling proposition (USP) and create a keyword seed list for keyword research.
- Phase 2 – Planning & Site Structure: Phase 2 walks users through conducting a content audit and content plan, teaches search engine optimization (SEO) basics, instructs how to do keyword research, shows how to create user scenarios and user paths through the site, helps users create a sitemap and teaches how to create a keyword strategy, including how to write title tags and meta descriptions.
- Phase 3 – Using WordPress to Build the Site: This part of our master course includes our full “How to Use WordPress for Beginners” program and our “How to Use the Enfold Theme by Kriesi” course. This phase covers set up to advanced operations and shows users step-by-step in simple, easy to understand instruction exactly how to produce a professionally designed website.
- Phase 4 – Covers best practices in image design, where to get images for your website (when you’re not a graphic artist), free images and software to create professional images and how to optimize your images for fast page load speeds.
- Phase 5 – Reviews the five different kinds of web hosting and lays out the pros and cons of each to give the user a better understanding of what they will need for their website.
This course makes learning Enfold and WordPress faster and more efficient that trying to figure it out on your own. Everything a user needs to know is included in this course. As part of this course, The URL Dr’s custom Amplify Loud child theme for Enfold is included for free. A child theme allows you to further customize WordPress and we’ve made it even simpler to use.
Get everything you can out of WordPress with Enfold and Amplify Loud. Learn how to use WordPress and take your online presence into your own hands. We’ll educate and empower you to take your online presence into your own hands.